Wednesday, November 7, 2018

A New Memory

I was looking through some old videos that we had from Candi's time as a cheerleader in high school.

The 1987 football team was 9-0... and they had an away game at Ramona High School.This game would decide a perfect season, or not.

Candi couldn't ride the bus with the cheerleaders or the band... so she was there when the game started, all alone!!!  She asked me to go on the field with her, a fact I had forgotten until yesterday!

The cheerleaders and band buses didn't arrive until after the 3rd or 4th play of the game... and were they AMAZING PLAYS!!!

In fact, Candi got to run down the end zone... just her... when Jeff Scott ran back a Kick-off for a touchdown!  Woohooo!!!  I still remember the excitement from that game!  AND they won to end their '87 season 10-0, a perfect season.

I just hadn't remembered she asked me to be on the field with her... until now.
She also let me wear her Letterman's jacket😍

Thank you for the memory God!

No comments: