Wednesday, April 10, 2013

National Sibling Day

I don’t need a special day to remember you… I remember you every day of my life!  But I will take any day, dedicated to siblings…. because you were my sister and my best friend!

I love this picture… not sure how old we were, but I love how you are smiling at me as I opened my present…. WooHoo…. check out that striped shirt!sistersThis was a cake you made for Mom and Dad’s 13th Anniversary…
you are so proud of your work, and I remember how much we laughed that night!  And obviously I was still laughing when we took this shot!anniversary cake
This picture is precious to me… and there’s a story here.
See the little white bunny I am holding…. Candi bought it for me and was hiding it in the garage to give me for Christmas!  Little did she know, her little sister had snuck in the garage and found the surprise ahead of time.  ooops:)    But what Candi didn’t know, is that my mom and dad had bought her the little black bunny for Christmas!  Surprise!!!!!bunnies
Then this final picture…. this will forever hold a special place in my heart.  I made her the “FIRST EVER” scrapbook for her 18th Birthday!  I put pictures of her from baby to high school, inserted poems and sayings throughout… and felt so proud of the love I had poured into this present.  Candi had always given me SO much love in my lifetime, and I was just beginning to learn how to SHOW her how much I loved her!!!   I treasure this book to this day…. little did I know it would soon serve to be a remembrance book, for me, of the sister I once had and loved.candi's book
Happy Sibling day to the BEST SISTER in the world!

1 comment:

Cheryl Corine / Mom / Grandma said...

She LOVED YOU SOOO MUCH and LOVE that book she would show it to everybody and tell them with pride who made it..